A delicious Vegetable Lasagna Recipe by Laura Vitale.
Watch the video… and see Laura’s ingredients and cooking method below.
Vegetable Lasagna Recipe
Serves 8 to 10
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 2 hrs 30 mins
For the sauce:
1/4 cup of Butter
1/4 cup of Flour
4 cups of Whole Milk
Freshly Grated Nutmeg
Salt and White Pepper
1 cup of Shredded Provolone and Mozzarella mix
½ cup of Parmigiano
For the Veggies:
1 Bunch of Asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
1 10oz box of Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and squeezed of any liquid
4 Shallots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
1/2 red Bell Pepper, cut into small dice
1/2 of a cup of Frozen Peas
2 cups of Sliced Mushrooms
4 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and minced
3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 tsp of Fresh Thyme
For the Ricotta mixture:
15 oz of Ricotta
4 Tbsp of Prepared Pesto
Salt and Pepper, to taste
½ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
¼ cup of Parmigiano Reggiano
1 ½ cups of Shredded Provolone and Mozzarella Mixture
16 pieces of No Boil Lasagna Noodles
To make the béchamel:
1) In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and let it melt. Add the flour and stir until the flour is incorporated in the butter, cook for a couple minutes or until there are no lumps.
2) Slowly add the milk while whisking and cook for a few minutes or until the milk has thickened, stirring the whole time.
3) Season with a touch of fresh grated nutmeg and salt and white pepper to taste.
4) Turn off the heat and add the provolone and mozzarella mixture along with the parmigiano. Let it sit while you continue on.
To make the Veggie Mixture:
1) Heat a large skillet (the largest you have) over medium high heat, add the olive oil and let it get nice and hot.
2) Add the shallots, mushrooms, pepper and asparagus, season them with a little salt and pepper and cook them until the veggies develop some good color, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the peas, spinach, garlic and fresh thyme and cook for 2 more minutes, turn the heat off and set aside.
3) For the ricotta filling, in a bowl, combine the ricotta, pesto, egg, a touch of salt and pepper and parmigiano; stir well until the mixture is well combined.
4) Now that all of your components are ready, time to layer and make the lasagna.
5) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
6) Lightly butter or oil a 9×13 baking dish. Pour ¼ of sauce on the bottom and top with 3 pieces of noodles.
7) Top that with 1/3 of the ricotta filling followed by 1/3 of the veggie mixture and another ¼ of the sauce.
8) Top with 3 more pieces of noodles, 1/3 remaining ricotta, 1/3 vegetable mixture, and ¼ of the sauce.
9) Top with 3 more pieces of noodles, remaining ricotta and vegetable mixture,
10) Lastly, top with the noodles and cover the whole top with the remaining sauce. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes.
11) Uncover, top with remaining cheeses and pop back into the oven until the top is gooey and melted.
12) Allow the lasagna to set for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe By: Laura Vitale
Also see our Online Store for great Vegetarian Books, DVDs and Cooking Supplies: VegetarianTimes.net Online Store
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.