Vegetable Kung Pao is a basic stir-fry recipe with its spicy, velvety sauce blended with exotic vegetables. This can be served as a vegetarian main dish or side dish.
See below – Recipe ingredients and directions for ‘Vegetable Kung Pao’ by VahChef
Serves 4 to 6
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- ½ teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Hoisin sauce (optional)
- Pinch of Ajinamoto (optional)
- Pinch of Sugar
- Red Chillies (slit) – Optional
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Sauce – Optional
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Red Chilli (pieces)
- 1 tablespoon of Garlic Ginger Chopped
- 1-2 cups Mixed Vegetables (Diced)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of Roasted Peanuts
- 1 bunch of Spring Onions
- Tofu (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of Corn Starch (to thicken sauce)
- Dice the vegetables in a way that they all get cooked in same time frame.
- In a bowl add stock, soy sauce, pepper, rice vinegar, hoisin (optional), ajinomotto, sugar, red chillies, chilli sauce; and stir well.
- In a pan add sesame seed oil & add red chillies to it. Sauté till they are brown. Add ginger garlic & vegetables to it. Sauté well.
- Add the stock mixture to the sautéed vegetables & cook well till water starts drying.
- Add peanuts, spring onions & tofu to the sauce. Add salt if required & diluted corn starch to thicken the sauce if required.
- It’s ready to be served.
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.