This vegetarian appetizer dish by Vah-Chef Sanjay Thumma will satisfy any spicy cravings for a light afternoon snack or accompaniment during meals. It goes well with Mint sauce
Vegetable Cutlet is an easy and simple snack to prepare. It includes most of the vegetables like the potato, carrots, beans, peas and spices etc. You can also add corn to have a healthier dish. Watch the video, and see the ingredients and cooking directions below:
2 tbsp all purpose flour
500 grams of potatoes
1 cup of your favorite chopped vegetables (boiled)
2 tbsp bread crumbs
6-7 pieces cashew nuts
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
Pinch of Red Chilli Powder
Salt to taste
Pinch of turmeric
Oil to fry cutlets
• Boil potatoes, remove the skin (if preferred) and grate the potatoes into a bowl.
• Take a pan, add oil, cumin seeds, sauté and add broken cashew nuts, turmeric, ginger garlic paste; mix well. Now add chopped coriander, coriander powder, and pinch of chilli powder (to taste).
• Cook on a very slow flame, keep mixing. Now add all boiled chopped vegetables and cook until it becomes dry.
• Take a mashed potato bowl, add this mixture to it, and squeeze in lime juice. Mix well and make small dumplings/cutlet; you can make into any shape you like.
• Take flour and mix in water to make a paste or you can use egg so that you can dip the cutlet into it, and then dip in bread crumbs.
• Now heat oil to deep fry the cutlets until they become golden brown in color
• Now serve with your favorite relish e.g. mint sauce or chutney
Also see our Online Store for great Vegetarian Books, DVDs and Cooking Supplies: VegetarianTimes.net Online Store
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.