Green Cabbage? It’s good for you but can easily go limp when boiled or steamed. This quick 5-minute recipe transforms it into something that shakes your taste buds into another world.
This vegan-friendly green cabbage and pepper stir fry has plenty of kick – the spices will heat you up inside while it’s snowing outside. I love how the video uses a picture-in-picture effect to show each step in the cooking process.
One warning: If you’re shy about spices, you may want to halve the amount of cumin the chef recommends. Enjoy!
See the ingredient list and instructions below.
PS The chef shows this served in a sandwich (a different twist) and of course, this can be served as a side dish.
- Green cabbage chopped
- 3 long green peppers
- 1/2 red peppers
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons black mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon hing (also known as asafoetida)
- Add 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander and cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place oil in the pan and heat it up.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and hing.
- Add the cabbage and 2 kinds of peppers.
- Increase the heat to high and keep stirring for under 5 minutes to keep the veggies crunchy
- Add the turmeric, coriander and cumin powder, red chili powder, and chopped coriander.
- Keep stirring
- Add the salt and finish cooking.
NEW! You can download the recipe here.
The chef in this video uses a stir fry pan that I really like – it’s similar to the Cuisinart stir fry pan that I use at home. If you’re interested in buying one, this model is attractive, inexpensive and very durable.
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.