This recipe, from Collette’s Cooking Corner, is her own recipe for Shiritake noodle caper surprise.
(No, this is not a misspelling. The noodle brand is spelled Shiritake. Watch the video and she shows the package.)
She uses the tofu angel hair Shiritake noodle available in the grocery store but also recommends checking out the noodle product at Miracle Noodle.com. The capers add a little crunch with no calories.
- 1 bag (8 oz.) Tofu Shiritake noodles (You can also check for them at Miracle Noodles.com for these)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dill
- 1 tablespoon crushed capers
- spray butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Drain the noodles. Do not cook them in their fluid.
- Place them in the skillet. Pat the tofu with paper towels to remove excess fluids. Let it dry if you have time. The drier they are the better.
- Spray pan with spray butter
- Crush the capers with your hand to release the flavors
- Add other spices
- Cook on high heat until the noodles begin to crackle, allowing the flavors to meld with the tofu.
- Allow it to sit for a while to allow the flavors to meld after cooking.
Serve as a main dish or as a side with a main dish.
Want to make this and need the instructions? Click here to download.
We found the Miracle Noodle product that Collette mentions on the video online. For those watching their weight, adhering to a low-carb diet, or simply trying to prepare a healthy meal, this is a no-carb, calorie-free alternative to wheat noodles to satisfy those cravings for your favorite pasta dishes. Made with no gluten or soy, these noodles are composed primarily of soluble fiber. Check it out by clicking the image below.
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.