Delicious Spicy Corn Fritters/Patties
These Spicy Corn Patties/Fritters make a healthy and delicious snack. They are also vegan and gluten free. Try this quick and easy recipe by Manjula from Manjula’s Kitchen.
See below… Watch the video, and also see Manjula’s recipe ingredients and cooking method (This recipe makes 10 patties/fritters).
- 2 cups frozen sweetcorn (If using canned corn instead, wash & drain very well first)
- 1/2 cup course corn meal
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 chopped green chili; adjust to taste
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (hara dhania)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Thaw the corn in hot water and drain. Blend the corn until the texture is creamy and coarse. A food processor makes this job very easy.
- Add all the ingredients to corn; corn meal, rice flour, chili, cilantro, ginger, lemon juice, cumin seeds, and salt; and mix it well. The mixture should be the consistency of thick batter. Add a little water if needed.
- Heat a heavy non stick skillet on medium heat and grease the skillet generously.
- Drop about 2 spoons of batter to make four to five patties into the skillet and flatten with the greased back of the spoon lightly, making the patties about 1/4 inch thick and two to three inches circle.
- Cook for about two minutes until the bottom turns golden brown. Flip over and cook from other side; both sides of the patties should be cooked until golden brown.
- Serve them hot or at room temperature… they taste delicious!
Also see our Online Store for great Vegetarian Books, DVDs and Cooking Supplies:
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.