Quick and Tasty Vegetable Salad Recipe
You’ll love this salad. Lots of greens and nuts with a little twist of yogurt and sweetness… by Shilpi Amit.
To impress kids just mix some boiled pasta to the salad. You can use more nuts, more fresh fruits, colored bell peppers or corn kernels. You can be really experimental with this kind of salad. Shilpi often serves this salad with bread or makes a quick sandwich to accompany it.
Shilpi used a mixture of mayonnaise and thick yogurt in this recipe but if you want you can skip mayonnaise and just use yogurt. It works just fine. If you don’t prefer sugar or honey, you can replace it with any sugar substitute, but a little sweetness is needed in this salad. Sometimes she also uses bread croutons and boiled pasta in this salad to make it a full meal.
Try this fresh, creamy, nutty, crispy, crunchy, tasty, salad for your next salad craving. Whenever Shilpi makes this salad for parties she drizzles some fresh cream on it, mmmmm it becomes divine . I know what you’re thinking… but sometimes in the battle of taste and calories, taste does take over. Eat what you (and your guests) enjoy!
- Plain Yogurt (curd): ¼ cup,
- Mayonnaise: ¼ cup,
- Honey: 1 tea spoon,
- Salt: To taste,
- Chopped broccoli, carrots, cucumber: ¼ cup each,
- Salad leaves: 4-5 chopped,
- Apple: ½ cup,
- Walnut, Cranberries: ¼ cup
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, yogurt, salt, honey.
- Add chopped vegetables, salad leaves, apple, walnut and cranberries.
- Mix everything together.
- Salad is ready to eat. Enjoy it with your lunch and dinner.
2. If you don’t want to use mayonnaise, just double the quantity of yogurt.
3. If you are making for diabetic person use sugar free instead of honey.
4. For kids add some boiled pasta to this salad.
5. You can also add some croutons in this salad.
Also see our Online Store for great Vegetarian Books, DVDs and Cooking Supplies:
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.