Try this delicious Mixed Vegetable Poriyal/Stir Fry from VahChef.
This Mixed Vegetable Poriyal is mix of vegetables cooked and tossed with freshly grated coconut, and tasty herbs and spices. It is also known as porial/dry curry/koora/sabji. This dish goes well accompanied with rice as a side dish, and also with any type of chapathis (unleavened flatbread), parathas (flatbread that originated in the Indian Subcontinent) or roti (Indian bread, made from stoneground wholemeal flour).
Watch the Video presented by VahChef, and see the ingredients and cooking method below:
200 grams Beans
1 tbsp oil
200 grams Carrots
2 tbsp cashew nuts
1 tbsp channa dal split bengal gram (yellow lentil)
1 springs chopped coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 springs curry leaves
– fresh grated coconut
1 tsp green chillies
1 pinch hing (a spice – Asafoetida)
1 tsp Mustard seeds
2 number Onions
3 piece red chilli
1 to taste salt
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp urad dal (black lentil)
- Wash carrots and beans properly, and boil till half done (optional you can cook directly, just cut them small)
- Heat oil add mustard, red chilli, cumin channa dal, cashews, urad dal
- Add hing
- Add turmeric powder, onion, chopped chillies, curry leaves and salt.
- Add vegetables and sauté till they are cooked.
- Add grated coconut, and sauté it well
- Serve hot, with rice or pulka (indian flatbread made with wheat flour)
Also see our Online Store for great Vegetarian Books, DVDs and Cooking Supplies: VegetarianTimes.net Online Store
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.