Ever made veggie spring rolls at home? This chef had me at the crunch at the end of the video:)!
This is a great snack or small meal and many different kinds of veggies can be used. The veggies should be finely sliced for best results.
This recipe makes 16 large spring rolls.
Note: Please make sure you buy spring roll pastry (not egg roll pastry).
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup spring onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 1 1/2 cups thin rice noodles (from the Asian section of the store)
- 16 sheets spring roll pastry (from the freezer section)
- Vegetable oil
- Thinly slice the carrot
- Finely shred the Chinese cabbage
- Dice the mushrooms and spring onions
- Mix the veggies together in a bowl.
- Cook the thin rice noodles in hot water until they are soft
- Turn the spring roll pastry to the diagonal and put in handful of the veggie mixture in a corner; roll it tightly to the middle of the pastry.
- Fold in the sides and tuck it in to keep it in place. Continue rolling, leaving about an inch of the pastry exposed.
- Dab a little water on that end of the pastry and finish rolling tightly.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the spring rolls until they are brown. This only takes a few minutes to cook the pastry.
- Flip them over as they cook.
- Drain on paper towels.
Serve with sweet chili sauce or soy sauce.
Click here to download the recipe.
Frying pan seen better days? Consider this top selling heavy-duty model from Cuisinart.
Amazon Auto Links: the template could not be found. Try reselecting the template in the unit option page.